Training Expectations for Senior Female Players
Senior training commences at 5pm at Floreat Oval and concludes at
approximately 7.30pm. Club warm up gear/ tracksuits must be worn at all
- Prior to training, enter in team manager your attendance and focus areas for the session. Also include any injury or load limitations.
- At training, meet with the playing group and put on your spikes unless advised otherwise.
- As a group we will go for a jog and do 5-10 minutes of Dynamic Flexibility and Mobility Exercises. If you arrive after this, you are to ensure you are suitably warm before commencing training.
- Attend training with a specific area of your game you want to improve. Having preset your goals will help in this area.
- Be aware of the safety requirements at training. Don’t turn your back to the nets and batters endeavor to hit the ball along the ground. Bowlers shouldn’t bowl until the net is clear.
- Mental Practice – Mentally prepare yourself when you go into bat, consider pitch conditions and bowlers you’ll be facing and strategy you’ll be adopting.
- Observation Practice – One good form of learning, especially as a youngerplayer is watching the more experienced senior players.
- Use common courtesy when practicing. When batting, pick up the ball and return to the bowler on the full. No “slogging” – only good cricket shots.
- If you’re working to a program and you have finished bowling, please advise the Net Captain or Coach of your intention so they can arrange a suitable replacement. Never just leave the net.
- Training is finished when the Coach or whoever is in charge calls an end to practice. It doesn’t finish when you feel you’ve had enough. If you have to leave training early then please advise the Coach prior to training, not leave a message with one of your team mates.
- Warm down: 5-10 minutes of Static Stretching at the completion of the session as well as observing the necessary recovery practices ie: Proper Post-Training Nutrition, Icebath/Hot and Cold Showers, Wearing Recovery Skins, Water intake, Adequate Sleep.
- At the conclusion of training, pitch in and help the coaching staff put the gear away.